As I write this post it is exactly nine days until the first day of Autumn, September 1st. I say this all the time but WHERE has the time gone? Yet another summer is about to end meaning another wardrobe change out is on the cards. Luckily in New York, it doesn’t begin to get cold until October or November but the shops already have their fall collections in store so it’s time to get outfit planning and buy a few key pieces. I find it really difficult to make the time to go shopping at the moment so, for now, I am keeping my search to online. I have searched my favorite online retailers for my Autumn staples including boots, jeans, tops, blazers and knitwear.
Blazers are my go to in the Autumn and Spring when the weather is mild. I already own several black blazers but usually add another to my collection each year. I bought THIS beige blazer before the summer and it has served me very well! It goes with everything and is perfectly dressed up or down. Here are three classic black blazers, and below are three alternative colors which can make an outfit a little more interesting.
- ASOS Mango Blazer With Fluted Sleeve *On Sale!*
- Missguided Black Check Long line Blazer
- Lavish Alice Black Maxi Cape Blazer *On Sale!*
- Missguided White Longline Blazer
- Missguided Red Bardot Double Breasted Tailored Blazer
- Missguided Military Style Blazer Nude
I have a thing about knitwear. I am usually good at clearing old and unworn items from my wardrobe but for some reason, I am a knitwear hoarder! I can just always think of an excuse to keep each sweater, jumper, and cardigan and I always look forward to buying more. Unfortunately this year I really do have to bin some old items to make room for the new in my tiny New York wardrobe.
- Missguided Light Brown off Shoulder Knitted Sweater
- ASOS Jumper in Cable With Volume Sleeves
- Boohoo Justine Wide Sleeve Striped Oversized Jumper
I’m usually a black jean kinda gal but I think I’ve been seeing more and more denim jean styles and feel inspired to add a few new pairs to my collection this fall. I plan on buying a pair of the boyfriend style, the ripped and the classic skinny. Here are the four pairs I am currently lusting after and hope to purchase soon.
- ASOS Boohoo Pearl Embellished Boyfriend Jean
- Missguided Sinner High Waisted Marbled Skinny Jeans Light Blue
- Pretty Little Thing Mid Blue Wash High Waisted 5 Pocket Skinny Jean
- ASOS Pettie Farleigh High Waist Slim Mom Jeans in Miracle Light Wash with Rips
As I said above, I love a black jean. I practically lived in them last winter but now, most of my favorite pairs look a bit worn after one too many tumble machine washes in the laundromat. My favorite style for the last few years has been a black jean with a leather look finish but I will also definitely want to buy some fresh pairs the classic black jean too.
- River Island Frayed Hem Skinny Jeans
- ASOS Skinny Jean With Clean Black Side Stripe With Removable Stirrup
- Missguided Vice High Waisted Coated Skinny Jeans Black
- Missguided Black Sinner Coated Biker Skinny Jeans
Tops & Shirts
Top, shirts, whatever they are, we can never have enough to match all occasions. I like to purchase a few newbies for work, the weekends, going out, and versatile/ every occasion styles.
- Lavish Alice Ruffle Sleeve Asymmetric Top in Black
- Missguided Petite Pink Ditsy Print Blouse
- Lavish Alice Corset Overlay Crop Top in Soft Nude
- ASOS Slim Boyfriend White Shirt with Pleat Detail Back
I live in my black boots and wear every pair to death. They will be re-healed several times but sooner or later it comes time to buy a new pair. Here are a few of my favorite I have seen so far.
- ASOS PrettyLittleThing Studded Ankle Boot
- Missguided Black Faux Suede Four Buckle Ankle Boots
- PrettyLittleThing Kattia Black Star Cowboy Boots
- ASOS River Island Side Zip Boots
I hope you enjoyed this post because I loved putting it together! I am so excited to start shopping for Autumn so I hope this helps you start too.
Thank’s for reading,