If you love banana bread then these muffins are the perfect snack for you. Eat them for breakfast, as a snack or even dessert. These healthy treats have sweet dates and crunchy pumpkin seeds for great flavor and texture and are suitable for vegans and those on a low cal diet.
- 2 cups of gluten-free flour with xantham gum (add 1 teaspoon of xantham if not included)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup good-quality maple syrup
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- About 6 large pitted and chopped cup dried dates
- 1/2 cup of roughly chopped pumpkin seeds, plus extra for the top of the muffins
- Preheat your oven to 200ºc and line a 12 cup muffin tin. I like to use silicon cups.
- Whisk your dry ingredients together, the flour, powders and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk the bananas and your wet ingredients together, the olive oil, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla.
4. Now combine the wet ingredients with the dry and mix thoroughly.
6. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups and top with the remaining pumpkin seeds.
7. Bake for approx. 20 to 25 minutes or until browned. Use a toothpick to check if they are cooked through.
If you try these yummy muffins let me know in the comment section below.